FOR SALE BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
‘TRELAWNEY’ 237 Hicks Lane, COOTAMUNDRA
MIXED FARMING JEWEL IN TIGHTLY HELD GOLDEN TRIANGLE
- Approx. 3,480 acres (1408.3 ha).
- Two homesteads.
– Town water connected.
- Beautiful red loam soils.
- 525mm annual average rainfall.
- Currently run as predominately a cattle enterprise with some cropping, lucerne pastures.
- Would suit lamb, wool or crop production (over 90%
Farmland Investments Australia – The Locations
Situated approx 10km north of Bethungra, 20km west of Cootamundra, 35km south-east of Temora, and 60km north-east of Wagga, Wagga, Trelawney is one of those properties that ticks all the boxes. With a 525mm annual average rainfall (Junee weather station), undulating open paddocks with rich red loam soils, and a backdrop of the beautiful Bethungra Ranges, this property combines production potential with a dream lifestyle.
The property is currently been run as predominately a cattle operation with approx 1,500 acres of crop grown each year with a mix of grain production and forage crops. A strong liming program has helped to ensure soils are in good condition helping the establishment of lucerne pastures across much of the farm.
Farmland Investments Australia – Water accessibility
Water is a feature. There are two town water connections as well as a good bore in the centre of the property. Several large dams with excellent catchments ensure lack of water is never a problem on this property.
Two homesteads, both with breath taking views across to the Bethungra Ranges are included in the sale. The 6 bedroom main homestead on Trelawney was originally bulit circa 1906 with a large extension added in 2007. Set in an established garden with an in ground swimming pool, this homestead would suit a young family needing plenty of room to grow.
The second home was built cira 1984. With 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, it is also a home with plenty of room.
A laneway system runs through the middle of the property making stock movement easy.
Farmland Investments Australia – Estate Equipment
The property is offered as a whole or in three separate blocks.
Nova Scotia – approx 1028 acres 416 hectares
- 4 bedroom weatheboard house
- Machinery shed
- Hay shed
- 4 silos approx 240t
- Disused shearing shed
- Old sheep yards
- Town water connected, unequipped bore, mostly 50mm blue line poly running to all but 2 paddocks. 10 paddocks and 8 dams.
Trelawney – approx 1,152 acres 466 hectares
- 6 bedroom brick homestead( circa 1906) with extension in 2007. 3 bathroom, inground pool, double garage.
- New 2015 24m x 18m workshop with concrete floor.
- Old shed
- 1 silo 120t wheat.
- Town water connected + equipped bore( diesel motor). 50mm and 63mm blue line poly. 14 troughs, 12 paddocks, cattle yards, 5 dams.
Tondara – approx 1,300 acres 526 ha
- 5 bedroom brick home, 3 bathroom incl ensuite, 4 car carport
- Machinery shed, workshop, 4 silos 470t wheat, old disused shearing shed, cattle yards, gravel pit( not registered)
- Water is pumped from 2 large dams. 1 electric 1 petrol. 1 electric bore( not used), 10 troughs, 50mm blue line poly. 9 paddocks, 3 dams.
Farmland Investment – Agents Australia
Agents Comments: The Bethungra district is widely considered one of the safest farming districts in NSW. Whether you are growing beef, lamb, wool or grain, this is one area that will rarely let you down. A farm of this size does not hit the market very often so don’t miss out and have to wait another 10 years for something similar to appear.EOI closes 10am Tuesday 12th March